Who are we?
Robinson Way Limited is part of the Hoist Kredit AB group of companies.
Use of our website
You must only use our website for the legitimate management of an account.
You must not:
- Tell anyone your username or password, unless we specifically agree that you can do so;
- Give us false information;
- Try to log in as someone else;
- Try to access or copy the data of another person or organisation;
- Use our website for any illegal, unlawful or immoral purpose;
- Try to bypass our security measures; or
- Create or access an account for someone else, unless we specifically agree that you can do so.
We may cancel or deny your access to our website at any time. We shall endeavour to provide you with our reasons for doing so, but there may be circumstances where we are unable or unwilling to do so.
Disclosure of passwords
You are responsible for keeping any username and password confidential. If you believe that your password has been disclosed, you must change it immediately. If you believe someone has unlawfully accessed your account, we ask that you inform us immediately.
What personal information do we use and what information do we collect about you?
We use personal information which has been obtained during the lifetime of your account. This may include, for example, your name, address, payment details and details of previous communications with you (such as records and recordings of telephone calls and email and other written contact with you). This information is likely to include information obtained from the original lender or supplier and from other organisations which may have communicated with you about your account. In the course of dealing with your account, we may obtain further personal information from third parties which we may use in order to try to increase the accuracy of the information we hold and/or to gain a better understanding of your circumstances. These third parties include credit reference agencies, the Land Registry and other organisations which provide services to improve the quality of data.
We also collect personal information about you as follows:
- We will retain records of communications with you concerning your account;
How will we use the information about you?
All of the information that we collect from you is used for account management and debt collection purposes. We will not share your information with other companies for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your informationWe may share your personal information with any member of the Hoist Kredit AB group, which means our subsidiaries, associated companies and holding companies. These include our associated companies: HFUK Limited, Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited and Hoist Portfolio 2 Holding Limited. We may share your personal data with organisations which we may engage to assist us in managing your account.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To enable third parties to collect or manage a debt on our behalf or to enable us to collect and manage debt on behalf of any third party.
Why are we able to collect and use your personal data?
We are able to collect and use personal data about you for one or more of the following main reasons:
- Because you may have given your explicit consent within the original agreement governing the management of your account;
- Because we have a legitimate interest in using the data for the purposes of managing your account;
- Because you may have given your explicit consent to us to use your personal data; and
- As otherwise provided under the Data Protection Act 1988.
Storage and security of personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request a copy of certain information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us. We are entitled to charge £10 for this service and will respond to your request in any event within 40 days.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. We may request that you provide reasonable information to verify your request.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of explicit consent provided by you, then you may be able to withdraw that consent. However, please note the following:
- The extent to which you can withdraw your consent may depend upon the basis upon which your consent was given;
- Where the use of your personal data is necessary for the proper management of your account, then you will not be able to withdraw your consent in a manner which prevents or frustrates such management;
- The withdrawal of your consent may result in the withdrawal of services provided to you, where we do not regard it as possible or practicable to provide the services to
- you without continuing consent; and The withdrawal of any explicit consent will not affect any other lawful basis upon which we may continue to be entitled to use your personal data.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log file information and visitor behaviour information and typically may be used to store information that would enable a website to improve your overall experience, for example by being able to remember who you are and where in our website you have visited. In many cases, a website needs to use a cookie in order to function correctly. There are different types of cookies, two of the most commonly used ones are as follows:
Session Cookies - these cookies are present on your computer only for the time that you are visiting our website that creates them. It is deleted when you close your browser. Session cookies are generally used to ensure that a website functions correctly.
Persistent/Analytical Cookies - these cookies remain on your computer after you visit our website that creates them, but do expire after a set length of time. A persistent cookie would be used to store information that would enable a website to later more optimise your viewing experience, or to gather information for statistical purposes. Whilst persistent cookies remain on your computer after your browser is closed, they can be manually deleted if required.
We use two different cookies on this website, as follows:
- A Session Cookie is used so that our website may keep track of which Robinson Way web server you were connected to when you first loaded our website. Many websites including this website use more than one web server to handle and spread the traffic. It is important for our website to be able to know which web server is dealing with your traffic and so the session cookie contains this information.
- An Analytical (Persistent) Cookie is used by our live web chat system to hold a unique code that enables us to recognise your previous visits. If you have used the chat service before then we may be able to recall previous chats so that your interaction with us is easier, At no time is any private information about you held in this cookie, nor can it be used to track your visits to other websites or any other activity.
- Use of these cookies can be prevented at any time by altering the cookie settings within your applicable browser. However, functionality of this website will be impaired as a result.
- If you wish to prevent cookies from being placed onto your machine by this website, but either cannot or do not wish to implement the measures as suggested above, then please refrain from using this website.
How to contact us